It is with much pride, gratefulness, and honor that we announce our newest venture with Valley Medical Center/ UW Medicine for their new Valley Medical Cancer Center!
Valley Girls & Guys! has officially sealed the deal to donate $500,000 over the next 5 years to the new Cancer Center at Valley Medical Center in Renton!
Big Money = Big IMPACT right here in our very own backyard! After a decade of Valley Medical being a huge supporter and sponsors of our event it was really a no-brainer for our organization to do MORE and do it just 15 miles down the road!
We ALWAYS and continually will have our eyes on the prize of finding a CURE, but in the meantime it is important to expand, improve, and make available new treatments, machines, and location for ALL CANCERS!
Valley Girls & Guys! funds will help provide the following:
- Implement SAVI SCOUT, wire-free breast localization system. Uses radar for a zero-radiation solution to precisely located target tissue during a lumpectomy to +/-mm of accuracy. This fundamentally improves the way they care for patients today.
- High dose Radiotherapy (HDR also called Brachytherapy) expansion which will allow to include melanoma, skin and prostate cancer (currently they offer program for breast and gynecolgical cancers only).
- CT-Assisted Imaging for HDR which takes it to a much higher level of precision and will allow them to offer patients more efficient and comfortable care with lower radiation.
- Clinical remote conferencing system for Multidisciplinary Clinic (MDC) which will allow providers who are not on-site via video conference for the MDC, giving them access to the team’s clinical and imaging data. Connecting vital specialists, located locally and across the country, who otherwise would not be able to participate in this way improving communication and help expedite care planning and delivery.
- Support the MDC and Survivorship program, two key components of patient/family support and communication. We also hope to gift blankets of comfort and hope to ALL patients that receive a diagnosis!
- Provide counseling/support group services for The WHO House in Ravensdale/Maple Valley area to bring resources closer to our southernmost King County community. WHO DREAMS? WE DO and this is a dream come true!!!
- Create the ” Valley Girls & Guys! Bridge of HOPE” across the skybridge leading to/from the Cancer Center to provide inspiration to those making the journey.
- Patient Assistance Fund will be established at Valley Medical (for the first time EVER) that will be named,
Valley Girls & Guys! HOPE For Life Fund (Helping Oncology Patients w/ Everything!)
This grassroots support effort will be for the most vulnerable patients that would provide funding for patients struggling to pay for basic necessities such as food, transportation, heat and gas. We plan to grow this support from multiple sources. This year alone we were putting $10,000 into this fund to get it started, but with the generosity of our donors at our March event during raise the paddle we were able to add an additional $9775 for a total of $19,975 to get this program off the ground!
We continue to DO MORE and HELP MORE because of YOU! Without YOU there is no us! We can’t possibly thank our donors, sponsors, supporters, cheerleaders, and walkers enough for your generosity and giving hearts! Life Demands Much, Always Give More!
Thank you for believing in us and being on this journey with us!
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: #BeTheHopeXOXO #ValleyGirlsAndGuys #TheWhoHouse #WeAreValley #DoSomethingHuge